El Paso Times (June 2015-Aug. 2015)
- Summer Intern
- Daily cops and firefighter check-ups and briefs, general assignments
- Four articles appeared on the front page
- Stories include Operation School Bell, the passing of El Paso artist Bill Rakocy, campus carry passing in Texas and Andi Teran discussing her debut novel Ana of California.
Cronkite News and Arizona Sports (Jan. 2015-December 2015)
- Super Bowl 49 coverage and Spring Training Reporter
- Lead manager for Super Bowl and AZ Super Bowl social media accounts
- For Cronkite News, wrote articles surrounding the Super Bowl and the Arizona Diamonbacks
- Covered the Diamondbacks two days a week for the month-long Spring Training. Wrote 10 articles for arizonasports.com and Cronkite News.
- Covered the Phoenix Mercury and Suns, and NASCAR for Cronkite News
soulciti.com (June 2014-Aug. 2014)
- Summer Content Intern
- Produced two historical feature articles for Summer 2014- PVIL and Deacon Samuel Matthews
- Met and interviewed sources (two-in person interviews, one over the phone and three via email.
Daily Texan (Sept. 2012- May 2014)
- Women’s tennis beat writer
- Covered the University of Texas women’s tennis team from September 2012-April 2013. Produced 33+ articles, mainly preview/recap stories, plus features on Breaunna Addison and Elizabeth Begley.
Social News Network (Fall 2013)
- Social Media Administrator and Contributor
- As part of a class at UT-Austin, I contributed to four social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook/Pinterest, and Tumblr) for our Social News Network social media group.
- Basic responsibilities included:
-found news content and posted to social media
-tweeted about the news daily
-managed each platform for four weeks over a 12 week period
-live-tweeted a college basketball game and produced a Storify to accompany it
-collaborated and conducted a crowdsource project with others in my group
-created an analytics report for a four week period of our various platforms
- Freelance Opportunity
- Wrote one article each for the USA Women’s Football National team and USA Football U-18 team. Covered their practice, interviewing the head coaches and a few players from each team:
Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr)
Tableau, Adobe Edge/Illustrator, Google Fusion Tables, some QGIS
Taking still photos
Microsoft Word and Excel
Filmed more than 20 high school basketball games for Canutillo High School (El Paso)